If you have specific needs or are medically dependent on your energy supply, you can apply to be on our Priority Services Register (PSR). We can provide extra services for customers who have specific requirements.
Our Priority Services Register is a way of ensuring we’re helping any customers who:
This means we can help with providing your statements in different formats (such as large print), we might be able to move your meter, we can send duplicate copies of any letters, documents or emails to a friend, carer or relative chosen by you. If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off.
Once you’ve contacted us, we’ll register you over the phone or send you a form so you can apply to join our Priority Services Register. It’s completely free and confidential, and it means you’ll always get the help you need, particularly in an emergency.
If you feel ‘vulnerable’ because of age, chronic illness, disability or personal circumstances you can apply for Priority Services. For example, you could apply if you’re:
These services don’t just apply to long-term conditions; we can help with temporary situations too. For example, if you have broken your leg and struggling to top; are staying in hospital for a week or two and need some help with a bill, or if you’re dealing with mental health issues such as depression or anxiety and you just need a little extra support for a few months.
Do you depend on your energy?
You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:
Once you’ve contacted us, we’ll register you over the phone or send you a form so you can apply for our Priority Services. These services are completely free and confidential, and mean that you’ll always get the help you need, particularly in an emergency.
Once signed up for Priority Services, we can:
• Nominate a friend of family member to act on your behalf
• Arrange a free gas safety check
• Arrange emergency engineer appointments as standard
• Exempt you from the cost of gas cards/electric keys and postage, in cases where the need for a new device is not your fault (see the policy statement for Gas cards and Electric Keys for more information)
Upon request, we can also:
• Move your prepayment meter if you can’t access it, free of charge
• Use a password protection scheme so your friends or relatives can talk to us about your account
• Provide you with advance notice of planned power cuts if you medically depend on your supply
• Make your address a priority in an emergency (including alternative facilities in the event of supply disconnection)
• Operate a bill nominee scheme, where bills are sent to the care of the customers nominated recipient
• Provide accessible formatting on bills and account information (larger print)
• Provide annual gas appliance safety checks for homeowners only (for rented properties, customers should contact their landlord).
• Provide quarterly meter reading services (if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter).
Do you need letters and bills in other formats?
You can request letters or bills to be sent in formats such as braille or large print, where needed, it’s no problem at all – whatever works for you.
If you think you should be included on the Priority Services, or you want to apply on someone else’s behalf:
Yes of course. If you’re a carer for, or a friend or relation of, an Economy Energy customer who you believe should be on the Priority Services Register, get in touch to let us know.
They could qualify to be on the Register if they have dementia or learning difficulties, if they’re confused, if they speak very little English (or none), or if they meet any of the criteria in the section above.